Wildcard Certificate

Now that we have an Issuer and the necessary credentials, we can create a wildcard certificate, which we can then feed to our Ingresses.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://geek-cookbook.funkypenguin.co.nz/kubernetes/ssl-certificates/wildcard-certificate/

Thank you for your great tutorial on setting up a k8s cluster with k3s.
This is finally a more successful approach for me to get started with k8s.

I followed everything to the step of obtaining stage certificats and noticed, that cert-manager-cainjector and cert-manager-webhook are in CrashLoopBackOff state.
From cainjector I extracted the following log message:

root@dockpi01:~# kubectl logs -f cert-manager-cainjector-fdb5fd578-r25n9 --previous -n cert-manager
E0514 13:19:25.101289       1 config.go:133] "unable to load in-cluster config" err="open /var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/token: no such file or directory" logger="cert-manager.controller-runtime.client.config"
E0514 13:19:25.101394       1 config.go:177] "unable to get kubeconfig" err="invalid configuration: no configuration has been provided, try setting KUBERNETES_MASTER environment variable" logger="cert-manager.controller-runtime.client.config"

Do you have any idea what the reason for this error could be?

1 Like

I hit this too, and haven’t figured out what the underlying cause was, yet.