At Prophecy, We use MediaWiki for our internal documentation. Our use has become more sophisticated over time, and we’ve recently made a small change which I hope will make the wiki even more usable in future.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.funkypenguin.co.nz/howto/make-mediawiki-page-names-case-insensitive-including-semantic-queries/
Thanks for this. I was wondering if you solved the “redline” create page issue. I updated the collation/charset on the
page table but links to different cased pages are showing up as ‘create’ links but obviously when clicked, they take you to the correct page.
Im holding back on the semantic table changes as the link you references is 8 years old today and I wonder how current the schema is. Also I like to drop and rebuild my semantic tables, I guess I could modify the source scripts
We didn’t make it much further, I’m afraid. It’s been a few years, and I’ve moved on from Prophecy, but to my recollection we never quite solved the case issue to my satisfaction. The situation may have changed in the past few years, but my recollection was that the whole mediawiki solution was “too hard” for our general users to work with, and so it eventually was replaced by something more user-friendly, like Confluence…
I hope you manage to tame the beast!
Oops, for clarity, that was me, logged in from my admin account